With the continuous increase in the cost of electricity and other conventional methods of water heating, the demand for gas geysers has increased in the last few years. Gas geysers are the most efficient water heating systems than the electric geysers or electric water heaters. And also a great way to save a huge on your electricity bill month on month.
Gas geysers are the water heaters that use the heat from burning fuel (primarily natural gas) for the purpose of heating water. This type of water heaters provide a continuous flow of hot water and also give immediate heating as well. In terms of efficiency, they are also the most energy-efficient geysers. The gas geyser water heater comes with a much faster recovery rate and thus becomes a convenient option for large families. These water heaters are easy to install and provide significant savings over time and gas geyser water heater price is very similar as compared to another water heater.
Best Gas Geysers for Hot Water
1. Orient 6l Gas Geyser
The Orient gas geyser is one of the best quality gas geysers available in the market today. It comes with a capacity of 6 litres which is enough to use for medium to large-sized families. It offers instant and continuous running hot water and also suitable even for long showers.
This gas geyser comes with a digital display for temperature and low battery indication. It also has a copper heat exchanger that ensures faster heating of water. Auto 20 min off timer is also there. And the unique safety features of this gas geyser make it the best out there.
- Vertical mounting
- 8 Bar working pressure
- Auto 20 min off-timer for safety
- Overheat protection
- Protection against freezing
- Instant heating
- Awesome safety features
- Works very well
- No negative reviews
Price – 4,399
2. V-Guard Safefloplus 6 l Gas Geyser
This V-Guard gas geyser is one of the safest and lightweight options for all your water heating needs in the chilly winters. Its modern and contemporary look and effective functions add a great appearance to your bathroom and also complements its décor.
This gas geyser has a provision for automated ignition. It also comes with a double solenoid valve for additional protection. The rated water pressure of this gas water geyser system is 0.008-8 kg per square cm. And it makes it ideal for use in the high-rise buildings as it will be able to function quite effectively with extremely low pressure as well.
With this geyser, you can now enjoy instant heating along with protection from overheating as well. It comes with the pre-set thermal cut out feature. And an auto 20 minutes cut-off timer is a great add-on.
- Automated ignition system
- Ultra low-pressure application
- Overheat protection
- Copper heat exchanger
- Effective heat retention feature
- Built quality is awesome
- Instant water heating
- Minimal power consumption
- Safety features are awesome
- The geyser must install and use outside the bathrooms or well ventilation place only. Not recommended for closed apartment bathrooms
Price – 5500/-
3. Hindware Atlantic LPG and PNG Gas Geyser
Hindware Atlantic is one of the best geysers that work on LPG and PNG both. Its decent and elegant look adds a great style to your bathroom. This gas geyser works perfectly even when there is low pressure of water.
With this gas geyser, you can now enjoy instant heating along with the protection from overheating. The various safety features are also there. It comes with the pre-set thermal cut out feature. And an auto 20 minutes cut-off timer is a nice feature.
- Hi-tech design
- Superior safety features
- Low working pressure
- 3S Optimization
- Temperature Indicator
- Nice and decent look
- Works very well on both LPG and PNG
- The water temperature indicator is awesom
- No negative reviews
Price – 4430/-
4. Racold PNG Gas Geyser
The Racold PNG Gas Geyser is feature-packed with new technology, quality, durability, and of course the performance. This gas geyser is perfect for all your domestic and household chores. It comes with high heating efficiency due to the use of precise and imported burners facilitating the complete combustion.
This gas geyser even starts working on low pressure that makes it suitable for those areas also having low water pressure. It is equipped with a child lock feature that safeguards against accidents and ensuring safety for children.
- ISI marked and best quality gas geyser
- Specially Company made for piped natural gas connections. No need to spend extra for LPG to natural gas conversion
- Instant, continuous running hot water suitable for even long showers
- Child lock feature
- Auto 20 minutes shut-off timer
- High heating efficiency
- Easy to install and easy to use
- Works very well even on low water pressure
- The safety features are awesome
- No negative reviews
Price – 5,770/-
5. Bajaj Majesty Duetto LPG 6-Litre Gas Geyser
The Bajaj Majesty Duetto gas geyser can make your life a lot more comfortable during winters. With a capacity of 6 litres, it is an ideal one for your family. It works instantly and offers hot and effective water for all your household chores. This gas geyser is equipped with two burner settings.
What makes it best is its suitability to work on both low and high pressure. It also comes with an oxygen depletion monitor that ensures the geyser is working in safe environment. The safety features include auto 20 minutes timer and flame failure protection.
- Advanced Combustion Technology for Best Thermal Efficiency
- Burner Setting Facility to Save Energy
- Heat Exchanger made of Extra Thick Copper
- Auto Ignition
- Adjustable knob for regulating Water and Gas Intensity
- Oxygen Depletion Sensor
- Flame failure Protection Device
- Over Heat Protection Cutoff
- Dry Heat Protection
- Works perfectly fine
- Heats water instantly
- Easy to install and safe to use
- Flow is reduced to half so not very effective
Price – 5805/-
How do Gas Geysers work?
Gas geysers are activated when cold water is running through the unit. It means the system starts up the moment you switch on a tap. And it will automatically switch off again when you close the tap. It means giving hot water only on demand, and thus there is no wastage of fuel at all. And now what is behind the function of the whole unit.
The technology behind a gas geyser is very simple. Firstly, the water moves through a pipeline which passes through a heat exchanger which has a water pipe covered with fins. And there is a gas burner below it. The gas burner is then ignited using the electric impulse formed using the inbuilt batteries. The flames then heat up the fins which in turn heats the water. And then the hot water is obtained from the hot water outlet.
Pros & Cons of Gas Geysers
- Faster heating
- Can run on both LPG and PNG
- You can easily control the level and rate of heating accordingly
- No electricity is required to run a gas geyser
- Energy efficient
- With gas geysers, water remains hot for long time
- Short lifespan over electric geysers
- Installation is difficult
- Not safer than the electric geysers
Precautions to follow with the use of Gas Geysers
- Adequate ventilation area is perfect for the installation of gas geysers. Never install it in a confined area such as the bathroom
- Never keep it near the explosive, corrosives, or inflammable, and even near the electric wiring
- Check for the linking pipes to be clean and leak proof
- Make sure to not leave the gas geyser on for a long time
- The gas geyser should be kept at the height where the pilot flame is easily visible
Features to consider before buying a Gas Geyser
Size and Capacity – Choose the one with the size that easily fits the space where you want to install it. Even the capacity is also important to check before buying a gas geyser. For the smaller family with 2-3 people, the small capacity of the gas geyser is ideally suitable but to cater the hot water needs for more than 4 members in your family, you must install the one with large capacity.
Safety Features – It is best to check all the safety features, the gas geyser must have that you are going to buy. Since gas geysers are more risky and unsafe to use over the electric geysers, it must surpass all the safety standards.
Brand – Choose the branded model always that comes with standard safety certification and performance standards. The cheap models have been risky to use.
Space for installation – Make sure that you have the properly ventilated area for its installation as the gas geysers are not safe to be installed in the bathroom. If you don’t have the open space for the installation of gas geysers, you must go for the electric geysers instead.
This is all about the best geysers in India for 2019. All these models are the latest ones and also the most energy-efficient gas geysers. But my recommendation is for Hindware Atlantic Ignacio Plus Gas Geyser that works effectively on both LPG and PNG. The other ones also have some specific and unique features. So get your best pick from the listed gas geysers right now